Sunday 25 June 2017

The Addams Family | Theatre Review

(the post which I have delayed posting because of blogging fatigue hahah)
Seeing the Addams Family musical on Saturday was indeed a spontaneous decision on Friday morning and involved a 200 mile round trip to Southend-On-Sea. So was it worth it?

(spoiler yes)

I have been excited ever since I heard rumours of the Addams Family having a UK production. It has some absolute belters of tunes in there.
I felt the casting director got the casting for each role spot on, there wasn't one actor not perfect for their role. I loved Cameron Blakely as Gomez, who was definitely my favourite character.
To an extent I was there to see Carrie Hope Fletcher as Wednesday Addams. This role was made for her. Carrie absolute powerhouse of a voice nailed Pulled. An intimidating voice to sing opposite to, but Oliver Ormson playing Lucas Beinkie was so good, I couldn't imagine anyone else playing that role.
The choreography covered so many different styles from the twist to the tango, which the strong and sleek ensemble of ancestors in their lavish costumes really nailed embellishing the show.
Whilst I really liked the show, which had unexpected twists and turns, once they had started a twist you could see how it was going to end up; however I don't think this show is 100% about narrative, so really isn't a huge issue.

If you want to get a taster of the show or some backstage insights I do recommend you watch Carrie's 'Watch me Wednesday' vlogs - showing early rehearsals to following her around on tour. It is an amazing insight into the hidden world of theatre.

If you are a fan of the original Addams Family or you just love a good musical I highly recommend you see this production if you can!

Thanks for popping by!
*click, click*


No comments:

Post a Comment