Monday 1 January 2018

2017 Favourites

HAPPY 2018!

Hello, how is this post coming to you from 2018 - wtf. Last year I really got back on the blogging train, ending the year with blogmas which was a little bit crazy juggling that with work and rehearsals. It's now time to chat through some of my favourite things from last year.

TV
Easily my TV show of the year, in the UK we're about a season behind the US, but fear not seasons 1-3 are now on Netflix. This an intense show, with many twists and turns, and great acting. Headed by the one and only Viola Davis. The cast is diverse and its extremely refreshing to see.

Never have I been so excited for a second season of a show before. Season 1 knocked my socks off, then once the trailers started to be put out in the middle of the year I was very pumped indeed. October arrived and anticipation was at an all new level. There might have been a slow start, but season 2 was bigger and better than the previous. Before I knew it, the wait for the next season began again.

Film
Beauty and the Beast
This was everything I hoped it would be. I was nervous that it wouldn't meet expectations but as soon as the opening number began my heart was happy. I laughed, I welled up, I cried. 

Wonder Woman
This is such a girl power film, finally giving young girls a fierce and independent superhero to look up to. I'm not a super hero film fan, but this blew me away.

Youtubers
My favourite discovery on the YouTube front has to be Megan Ellaby, her style has been an absolute huge inspiration, reintroducing colour to my wardrobe and just a bit of fun. Until this year I felt my style was a bit wishy washy and didn't necessarily reflect myself as a person.

Other shout outs this year go to InTheFrow, Helen Anderson and Rose and Rosie.

Music
Taylor Swift - Reputation
This is an album I was extremely dubious about, but there is not one song on this album I dislike or won't listen to. Favourite songs at the time of writing this post Don't Blame Me and Dancing With Our Hands Tied.

Other music favourites I've had on repeat all year are the Dear Evan Hansen and Waitress Cast Recordings.

Clothing
Dungarees

All Saints Leather Jacket


Gingham Dress

The Yellow Jumper 

And I think that's everything I wanted to mention! Thank you for taking the time to read my blog last year it means a lot. Let's find out what 2018 has in store for us.




No comments:

Post a Comment