Friday 8 December 2017

Shows to watch in London this Christmas 🎄

Hello, this wouldn't be my blogmas if there wasn't a stagey aspect to it. Today I am sharing all the shows I think you should watch in London if you could this festive season. Certainly I would love to be able to watch them all if it was possible!

The Nutcracker - The Royal Ballet

This is a christmas classic, performed by one of the most esteemed ballet companies in the world, in the gorgeous setting that is the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden. A truly magical place during the festive season.

Matthew Bourne's Cinderella
I don't think you can go wrong with seeing New Adventure's Christmas residency at Sadler's Wells. This year Bourne is bringing back their version of Cinderella set in London during the Second World War. Staring Ashley Shaw, who blew audiences away over the past year in The Red Shoes, this really is one not to miss.

An American in Paris
When thinking of a musical include, this was the first one that came to mind. There are gorgeous dance sequences and it has a really almost cosy and warm feeling. Perfect for this time of year. The run ends on the 6th January so this is your last chance to see it!

A Comedy About a Bank Robbery
If you want a good laugh but pantomime isn't your thing, I highly recommend the Mischief Theatre Company, earlier this year I saw The Play that Goes Wrong and of course Peter Pan Goes Wrong was on the BBC last Christmas. The Comedy About a Bank Robbery is high on my list of things I'd like to see in London soonish.

Dick Whittington
I saw the Palladium Panto last year, and let me tell you it was the most extravagant pantomime I have ever watched, I will remember it forever. This year again it stars Julian Clary, who I just found beyond hilarious, I was crying with laughter. Elaine Paige is also in it, I am so honoured to get to see her perform. Its just a great day out, and I feel it will become a Christmas tradition.

If you're not able to go down to London this Christmas period, there is an abundance of local pantomimes in regional theatres, which are always a good laugh. Oh yes it is! Comment below any shows you are planning to see this December.

Thanks for popping by!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment