Thursday 7 December 2017

Barnum - Menier Chocolate Factory | Theatre Review

Hello! I have been aching to see Barnum ever since it toured to my local theatre a couple of years ago and my parents went without me - the cheek of it! When my stagiest friend Charlotte informed me it was on at the Menier Chocolate Factory a theatre I have been meaning to go to for a long time, I jumped at the chance. 


As we walked in to the bar area member of the cast were all ready performing as their circus characters doing tricks and just being a bit bonkers to be quite frank, but it really started to set the mood of what an extravagant person P T Barnum was. As the doors opened we walked through a circus tent entrance to our seats. We sat in the round and got an excellent view to watch proceedings in the really unique space.

The people who made this show were the ensemble, they were insanely talented and extremely energetic throughout. There was everything from a fire eater to balancing on each other's heads. The stunts in this truly left my heart in my mouth.

My favourite moments included Follow the Band, Tom Thumb's Solo (one extremely talented dancer who took the audience's breath away) and the last duet between Barnum and Charity was such a magical sweet moment completely different from the huge circus numbers.

I left this show humming the songs all the way back to where I was staying. If you can get to see this show it is on until March and it really deserves to be seen.

Thanks for popping by!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment