Saturday 29 April 2017

Hamilton | My Top 5 Favourite Songs

How could I possibly select 5 songs from Hamilton, these are the songs I am pulled to whenever I need a hit from this score, which I have been constantly being playing since the end of 2015.


1. Satisfied
It took me a while to grasp onto this song in all honesty, I really fell for this number in the Hamilton Mixtape, and then went back to listen to it on the original sound track.

2. Hurricane
I just think this is one of the most beautiful songs in the entire score. Throughout the score until you get to this point, you haven't really heard how Hamilton got this point in his life from his point of view.

3. You'll Be Back
This must be one of the cleverest and funniest songs in the show, it has some great lines such as 'I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love'. The premise of this song styled as a pop break up song, then mixed with the pomp and circumstance of royalty is just perfection.

4. Burn
The content of this song is so sad, on first listening of the song it brought tears to my eyes, I have no idea how I will feel when I see this song performed live. I love the orchestration on this song starting out so simply with just piano, and building with the song, then to be cut back to just piano and strings at the end.

5. Alexander Hamilton
As with everyone I am sure, this is the song that pulled me into this soundtrack and was the beginning of my obsession with the musical. It is always how I introduce people to the show and soundtrack. Works like a charm. Whilst telling the audience what they are about to watch, predominantly in the hip style, there are lots of variations in style throughout. It shows what the intensity of the whole show will be and draws you in.

Let's face it, I cannot wait to be 'in the room where it happens' when Hamilton finally arrives in London... only got to wait until next year to actually see it.

Thanks for popping by!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment