Wednesday 8 March 2017

International Women's Day |Women's Week

Today is International Women's Day!

So what is International Women's Day? It is every year on 8th March, commemorating the movement for women's rights. The 2017 campaign is #BeBoldForChange, on the right hand side of my blog you can see the widget. You can choose to champion: challenge bias and inequality, against violence, women's advancement, women's achievement and women's education.

Personally I am championing Women's Education as I believe that a good education is such a huge part of getting out of poverty. When so many girls in this world do not get an education, it is extremely important.

I work in the Learning and Participation department, the aim being to get a wide array of people from the community interested and taking part in the arts. Something I am hugely passionate about.


xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment