Saturday 18 June 2016

Pineapple Upside Down Cake | Recipe

Hello, I feel like a pineapple upside down cake is a bit of a mystery to millennials... anywho the other week my friend Hattie wanted one made for her leaving do and I was more than happy to oblige. I searched the internet for the simplest recipe. I settled for this Nigella one. Yes I didn't include the cherries, I know.
Ingredients
Butter for greasing
2tbsp sugar
5-6 slices tinned pineapple in juice
100g plain flour
1 1/2tsp baking powder
100g soft butter
100g caster sugar
2 large eggs

Method
Pre heat oven to 200°C/180°C Fan. Butter a 23cm cake tin (ideally not loose bottomed cheeky )
Sprinkle 2 tbsp of sugar on base, and put pineapple on the bottom - like a flower
Then literally the all in one method with the ingredients until you get a standard cake batter.
Adding a couple of tbsp pineapple juice.
Poor into the tin.
Bake for 25-30 mins.
Turn out.
Bob's you uncle, easy AF.

Thanks for popping by!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment