Thursday 3 December 2015

Being a Tourist | Blogmas Day 3

Hello, today is the second of the overdue posts!

One of the best things about having a flatmate from the US is... I get to do touristy things in my own country. This was from the same day that I saw Curious, I cannot explain how great this day was, but I digress. 


In tourist mode we hit up Buckingham Palace, because if you're visiting London really there is no better place to start. I whipped out all my random knowledge about the Royal Family, and other trivia I'm sure Catherine really appreciated...

Following our visit to Buckingham Palace, we walked through the park which I believe is St James', it was like a little oasis in the middle of London, less than a five minute walk from London. I love how when you're walking around in London you never really know what is going to be around the best corner. In the park there was an array of birds, greenery and the odd squirrel, it was thoroughly delightful. However the best thing about the park was the view looking towards Horse Huards parade, this was not a view you could make up, I was truly stunned.


When we reached Horse Guard's parade it was time for the changing of the guards, I love that in everyday like, we still have the ceremonial pomp and circumstance, and am grateful for our history in the UK.


Following this I took Catherine to Downing Street, because I am a good tour guide (who was reliant on google maps, aren't we all?).

After a morning of British Culture we hit up Chipotle a mexican restaurant, now back in Norwich we're not at the fore front of Mexian Cuisine, so this was a new experience for me. I had my first Burrito Bowl, a new experience indeed, once I had picked out the soapy coriander, life was good, and I was full to the brim.


Thanks for popping by!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment