Monday 4 May 2015

April Favourites

Hello! I cannot believe I am writing another favourites post, I just cannot believe it. April has had its very quiet moments and its busier moments, like every month. Please read on....

The Great Gatsby
This is a classic book which has been made into a film, so I had fairly high expectations. I feel this maybe an unpopular point of view, but I found this a genuine struggle to read... which lead me to the conclusion, either I have no reading ability or this book just is boring, slow, lacking in tension and in parts overly detailed. The Great Gatsby is set in the 1920's, during the Prohibition era... an exciting time. SO I guessed the book would also be exciting and I did not find this the case.

Top Hat
I cannot explain my excitement when I saw this in the Theatre Royal Norwich brochure, this is one of my favourite musicals, definitely in my top Three. When you watch Top Hat you find yourself in the audience grinning from ear to ear. It has beautiful Fred Astaire dance routines, mistaken identity and the gorgeous music of Irvin Berlin including You're Easy To Dance With, Puttin' on the Ritz, and Let's Face the Music and Dance. I LOVED IT. Top Hat is a life favourite.

Lowering my cultural levels...
Keeping Up With The Kardashians
Think what you like about them, but KUWTK is the ultimate programme in the trashy/guilty tv rankings, well in my brain anyway. Not much to say, apart from I just can't avoid watching them...

Way back at the very beginning of April, I heard about a new cocktail bar in Norwich. It was meant to be theatrical with some interesting cocktails as well as your more standard ones. I'm not going to lie I went a bit cocktail cray to the cray (which was highly unusual for this granny). I began with the Meringue Martini (amazing), then a Cosmopolitan (its some thing you have to do), then the Bubble Gum Daiquiri (my favourite of the night) and then I finished with the Espresso Martini (pretty damn good). The cocktails were around the £7 mark, which isn't too expensive. I highly recommend.

Apples
Finally this is really random, but I have been loving Golden Delicious Apples, they are just so tasty and yummy. That's all.

Thanks for popping by!
xxx

2 comments:

  1. KUWTK is a guilty pleasure of mine as well. I don't care. I'm hooked. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never watched KUWTK. I'm too much of a sucker for stuff like that, so know to stay away haha.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete