Monday 2 March 2015

February Favourites

Hello! It's March already, so that means its monthly favourite time. Over February I really felt like I struggled with content, but after a month of humming about what to blog about, I think I'm back on track.

Suits

I know full well this was in last month's favourites, but I am seriously addicted to this programme, its fast paced, you don't have to wait a full episode for something to happen. I love so many of the characters Harvey, Mike, Donna, Rachel and Louis. Season 4 is my favourite yet, literally every episode I am on the edge of my seat, praying that everything works out. I shouldn't admit this on the internet but I took a quiz to see what character I would be, and I got Harvey, it was a great moment. You know who you are who got me into this programme, thank you. My sanity doesn't thank you as much.

Katy Perry - The Music and Movie
In a moment of boredom I decided I would watch the Katy Perry Movie on Netflix, I didn't know what this was going to be like. I quickly got into it and ended up enjoying it. Before I knew it the film was over, and I was putting her albums onto my Spotify. My favourite album has to be between Teenage Dream and Prism, I can't choose between them. Yes I'm a bit late to the Katy Perry train, but I am sure glad to be on it! #KatyCat Now I really want fun coloured hair as well...

The Theory of Everything Soundtrack

I haven't watched this film yet, despite the fact I really want to. For some reason I decided I wanted to listen to the soundtrack, the score is just beautiful. I like to have it just playing in the background, if I'm baking, reading or blogging. It just instantly puts me in a good mood and calms me down, so I can just focus on whatever I am doing.

The Gold Ring

Some people are the sort of people who wear the some of the same items of jewellery everyday and I have always admired them. I've had this gold ring that was my mother's for some time now, its pretty and simple. Perfect for everyday wear, I can be that person, I mean I have been for the last month!

12 Books 12 Months - Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham

*i gave this book to Haz to borrow before I pictured it, oops*
Prior to this book I hadn't really read books that weren't a linear story, so this was totally out of my comfort zone for reading. Yes I enjoyed this book, but because of the nature of the book it is definitely a book you can leave for a bit and come back to at a later point. I don't know if I came away from this book having learnt much, but more reaffirmed what I already thought, that if you're trying to do something that isn't you its not going to necessarily workout, but if you don't try you won't know that for sure. There is no way this is a 100% a serious book, reading it, its simply not Lena's personality. Whilst in a section Lena has finished university, is single, and jobless she is talking to her friend about her situation and comes to the conclusion "I can't find a goddamn fucking job and I'm too fat to become a stripper". In another section Lena tells us about the fact morality is always on her mind, from a young age, a topic which simply isn't discussed in our society she writes 'I'm too much of a loner for death, but I'm also scared of being lonely. Where does that leave me?' This struck a chord with me, and I'm sure it will other readers.

Thanks for popping by!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment