Wednesday 17 December 2014

Festive Baking

Hello! On Monday I was talking Christmas Songs, today I am talking Festive Baking, for me baking is a massive part of Christmas so I thought it was only right to share what I have been cooking up.

Gingerbread Biscuits
For me Gingerbread is quint essentially festive, I always use the recipe from the Great British Bake Off Showstoppers Book, and it is always successful. One word of advice if you like a 'biscuity' texture cook it for the recommended times, if your like more of a cookie texture cook them for less time. The recipe is quite simple I went for some basic shapes a Christmas Trees, Presents and Hearts. However I also decided to create an edible version of Lush's Melted snowman, which I think was rather effective using as marshmallow for the head and chocolate chips for the eyes and buttons.

Gingerbread Latte Cupcakes
First I made Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes, now I have made Gingerbread Latte Cupcakes, you could say I am inspired by those Starbucks Drinks, and why yes I am! I made these for a party and they went down a treat and was something people had never really tried before. They were super easy to make and very tasty, much like their Starbucks counter parts.

Chocolate Orange Brownie
As a Christmas Tradition each year we buy my Dad a chocolate orange. Clearly the most obvious thing to do is make them in Brownie form... Am I right? And so the Chocolate Orange Brownie was born. Using my usual Brownie recipe, I added the zest and juice of One orange to my mixture, to taste. You may want to add more or less. These went down a treat at both dancing and panto rehearsals. Out of all these definitely one to try.

Thanks for popping by!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment