Monday 15 September 2014

Afternoon Tea

Hello! I have been wanting to host Afternoon Tea at my house for my friends for such a long while, then finally a couple of weeks ago I got around to it. Baking 3 different things turned out to be quite the juggling act, but despite the chaotic kitchen experience somehow all the bakes turned out fine #hallejuah! The Brownies were up there with the best I'd ever made, just the right balance of gooeyness, without being under baked. I used Vivianna's Lemon Drizzle Cake recipe, and they were so tasty. Finally I challenged myself to Macarons, there is an important note her... Macarons and Macaroons are not the same. Macarons are the pretty ones you see in french patiseries made with ground almonds, then Macaroons are made with Coconut. WHO FREAKING KNEW?



Brownies

For my Brownies I used the same recipe that I used to make my Creme Egg Brownies, recipe Here. I This time for decoration I just sprinkled ALOT of icing sugar on them, icing sugar makes everything look awesome! Can you see the darker layer of gooeyness, ugh perfection!

Lemon Drizzle Cake

I'm going to let you into a secret, I forgot to add the baking powder, I thought my life was over pretty much but they turned out fine so there was no need to worry at all. I think this is my new favourite recipe for Lemon cake, the sponge was so soft and springey, and ooh the lemony goodness was just spot on for me.

Macarons

I made these bad boiis in the evening, I was not in the mood, I had the ingredients so I pulled through. The making of the mixture was fine, it was frustrating trying to get all the little halves to look the perfect shape, so I went a more mishapen look to all of them. The really difficult bit was sandwiching them together, they were just so flimsy and breakable; this was not helped by catching up with Bake Off as there tenseness and panic was rubbing off on me a little bit. Recipe wise I used a few different ones as mixed them up, but I just googled Macaron Recipe and some came up, so if you fancy making them find a recipe that works for you!

At the end pretty much everything was gone, a sign that it was well enjoyed by everyone!

Thanks for popping by!

xxx



1 comment:

  1. It all looks very tasty- and I've been wanting to host an afternoon tea forever!
    Jennifer x
    http://www.ginevrella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete