Monday 28 July 2014

July Favourites

Hello! Before I jump in, I don't know how other people feel, but Favourites are one of my favourite (hehe) posts to write because I can cover a range of different things in one post. And month I have quite a few things that have excited me this month and I might have a little rave about some things...

If/Then Soundtrack (Brian Yorkey and Tom Kitt)
This is the musical Idina Menzel is currently starring in on Broadway in case you don't know she is the original Elphaba in Wicked and the voice of Elsa in Frozen, and that is how I found out about the musical. As it is on Broadway I'm not going to be able to see it unless it transfers to the West End, but my understanding of the story is Elizabeth is newly divorced woman who moves to New York, the musical follows the parallel lives of 'Beth' and 'Liz' which shows what happens to her depending on what actions she takes when she meets her friends in a park. I just love the whole idea that there are other versions of ourselves whether this is in a parallel world or what not, just living an entirely different life, although this 'idea' isn't a new one I just like that it is being looked at in musical form. I have been listening to the soundtrack over and over throughout the month, even now as I type this, on Spotify, it is just so easy to listen to personally I don't think there is a dud song on the album but I think I have found two favourites although it was really hard to think of them *drum roll* Love While You Can and Always Starting Over. I have one last final thing to say... if you can buy me a flight to New York and a ticket for the show I WILL LOVE YOU FOR EVER.

Casio Watch
I got this for Christmas and I loved it lots and lots, and wore it everyday for months, then classic me I lost it.... which A) was bad because I really liked it a lot B) it's a watch and do you know what they are darn useful, so its safe to say I felt a bit lost. Then one day out of the blue it turned up, and I have been wearing it again, I can't tell you how good it is to wear a watch it reassuring... I hate being late (having said that Hollie will tell you I am terrible at time keeping) and this saves me, plus I have this need to know what the time is all the time, it keeps me happy!

Youtubers
photo credit: Essiebutton
At long last one of my oldest friends has finally started getting into Youtube and has put it back at the forefront of my mind. Two of my faves right now have to be Essiebutton and Amelia Liana I freaking love them. What I like about these two gals is that they are both informative and passionate about the products or whatever they are talking about, but their personalities are absolutely infectious... I just can't stop watching their channels. Plus their friendship is just so cute which has blossomed on screen in their Dallas and Vidcon vlog which makes me so happy for some reason.


Sunbeamsjess, I am so happy to see this gal uploading regularly again Jessie has always been one of my faves I am in love with her style and envious of her Handbag collection, that vintage Chanel backpack in her Birthday Haul, I have deep feelings for. I deffo have a few Jessie inspired items in my wardrobe. I'm just a happy lil monkey to see her back, thats all.

James Patterson's Books
This month I have jumped onto the reading bandwagon. I have read 3 books and they are all by the same author, by the actual end of the month we could make that 4 (yes still the same author). The first two books are from his series Private which is about a private investigation agency, which doesn't necessarily do all investigations by the book. It is run by Jack Morgan who had a near death experience whilst serving for the USA in Iraq, its based in LA and has offices around the world. These are super fast paced books, with multiple overlapping stories, Patterson doesn't mess around with descriptions and gives you information as you got through, and the ending is never quite what you expect it to be. Quite frankly I can't wait for the next in the series to come out as I am up to date.
 
As I was glued to the series, I thought I would try another book by him. I was going to go for another investigative/detective book, but when at my local library I found a book called 'Sam's Letter's to Jennifer'. It has two overlapping Love stories in it one is Jennifer's summer romance with Doctor Brendan and the other which is revealed in a series of letters from Jennifer's grandmother Sam about a secret forbidden romance with a man given the name Doc to hide his identity. The blurb (is that what its called?) sucked me in, and it was such a touching story something I had not expected from Patterson, showing great diversity as an author.
 
I think we need a shout out for the library service here because its just so great to have all these wonderful books with such easy access, and for free, free makes everything better.
 
Thanks for popping by!
 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment