Monday 31 March 2014

Lipstick Haulin'

Hello! Ever since I got Rebel from MAC I have just been loving bold bright lips, I don't even care if this season its all about the sheer colours, soooo recently I have picked 3 new lip sticks woo!

Here they are:

1. Topshop Boom Boom Creamy Finish
2. Topshop Depth Velvet Finish
3. MAC Russian Red Matte Finish

Swatches on hand
In the Shade

In the Sunlight

My most worn simply has to be Russian Red I've never had a matte lipstick before was a little hesitant to get it because I though it would show up any cracks and dry skin in my lips, and I really don't think it does. The colour is really complementary on my skin which is always great, due to it being a blue toned red it also means it doesn't make my teeth look yellow, score. The lasting power is really good, I wore it for all of my Hairspray performances, and on some of the shows I didn't bother to top up the colour at the interval, another good thing is it doesn't really transfer when you kiss, as Link didn't have to perform the rest of the studio scene with a nice bit of red lipstick on his lips!!

My least favourite has to be Boom Boom, I think its that I just don't like the finish on my lips. When I swatch it on my hand it looks really nice and pigmented. It doesn't have the same effect on my lips and takes lots of layering up, and 'patting down' (if you know what I mean brownie points for you haha), to get near my desired look, and when it get near you can see the lines of my lips and its really not that attractive!

Finally we have Depth, which I think is really similar to colours from MAC like Cyber. This has a way more pigmented finish on the lips and is buildable to get a nice strong colour or alternatively you can use it as a bit of a stain I should think. I am really pleased with this one, expect it to appear on my face soon in Outfit posts.

Thanks for popping by!
xxx

a

No comments:

Post a Comment